Cinco Energy Management Group provides comprehensive land and asset management, consulting, and GIS services for onshore Oil & Gas properties in North America. Cinco was founded by Randy H. Nichols, CPL, a preeminent landman who had formerly served as the Land Manager of a Houston-based E&P company. Cinco was incorporated in Texas in April, 1990, with headquarters in Houston. The word “cinco” means “five” in Spanish; it was chosen by the founder to represent the five Nichols family members.
At Cinco, we execute projects through a client-centric approach that earns trust and exceeds expectations. Using our tailored methodology, we provide investors across the globe with advice, insights, and access to relationships developed throughout our 25 years in the Oil & Gas industry. Today, Cinco has five offices throughout the United States and represents domestic E&P companies, private equity firms, banks and international clients from five continents that are active in North American shale plays.
- Represented Apollo Global Management LLC in its $7.15 billion dollar acquisition of El Paso Exploration & Production Co., with assets across the United States and in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in a $900 million dollar acquisition of DJ basin assets from Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc.
- Represented OOGC in a $3.4 billion dollar joint venture with Chesapeake Energy Corporation to develop Eagle Ford and DJ Basin/Niobrara assets located in Texas, Wyoming and Colorado.
- Represented Sinochem Petroleum in its $1.7 billion dollar joint venture with Pioneer Natural Resources to develop its Wolfcamp and Permian Basin assets located in Texas.
- Represented an entity in its $1.8 billion dollar acquisition of Jonah Field assets located in Wyoming, from Encana Corporation.
At Cinco Energy Management Group, we realize how fortunate we are and we encourage all employees to give back to their professional and civic communities as leaders and volunteers. In 2013, we introduced our ‘Cinco CARES’ campaign as our commitment to give back to the community. We are proudly affiliated with the following organizations:
- ALS Association
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters
- CanCare: Fighting Cancer with Hope
- Habitat for Humanity: Restore
- Interfaith CarePartners
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Preservation Houston
- Spring Branch Independent School District
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Star of Hope
- Susan G. Komen
- Texas Children’s Hospital
- Texas Tickids
- Wounded Warrior Project