Successful negotiations and transactions require access to accurate information. For land and title matters in the oil and gas industry, our diligence teams deliver actionable information based your specific objectives.
For deals of all sizes, we serve as land advisors to the legal, financial and corporate teams charged with formalizing and assessing major transactions and strategic business decisions. Cinco’s due diligence process provides intelligence and insight in support of a variety of transactions and upstream business needs. From defect dispute negotiations to post-closing curative, underwriting support and new management team onboarding, Cinco partners with our clients to provide guidance throughout the deal lifecycle. We have worked on deals of every type and size, in all major basins across the United States. Our experience is your advantage.
Due Diligence Transaction Types
- Acquisitions & Divestitures
- Corporate Mergers/Sales
- Title Confirmation
- Title underwriting curative and reporting
- Reserve based lending (RBL) diligence
- 363 sales and stalking horse bid title diligence
Impact and Value
- Network of land professionals across the US
- Regional expertise in all major shale basins
- Optimized process workflows to minimize time and cost
- Fully transferrable work product and processes
- Transparent and shared workflows via online reporting platform
- GIS-powered reporting
- Rapid project start-up and wind down
Common Due Diligence Components
- PSA/AAA evaluation
- Critical risk title analysis for Buyers
- Defect identification and reporting
- Exhibit preparation
- Divestiture setup and VDR hosting
- Mineral property valuation
- WI/NRI and net acre verification
- Production status confirmation
- Production history research
- Lien and encumbrance research
- Preferential rights and consents monitoring
- JOA/JDA contract review
- Special provisions analysis
- Determination of lien priority
- Joint interest billing (JIB) statement and revenue deck audits
- Assignment and agreement recording
- Surface and right-of-way title verification, including facilities and other real property
- Represented Apollo Global Management LLC in its $7.15 billion dollar acquisition of El Paso Exploration & Production Co., with assets across the United States and in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in a $900 million dollar acquisition of DJ basin assets from Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc.
- Represented OOGC in a $3.4 billion dollar joint venture with Chesapeake Energy Corporation to develop Eagle Ford and DJ Basin/Niobrara assets located in Texas, Wyoming and Colorado.
- Represented Sinochem Petroleum in its $1.7 billion dollar joint venture with Pioneer Natural Resources to develop its Wolfcamp and Permian Basin assets located in Texas.
- Represented an entity in its $1.8 billion dollar acquisition of Jonah Field assets located in Wyoming, from Encana Corporation.